Project type: Erasmus +.KA2 Strategic Partnership for Adult Education
Title: Cities by heart, a unique journey in the heart of cities
Acronym: CITIES BY HEART
Reference number: 2019-1-FR-KA204-062217
Partner countries: Netherlands, France, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Austria
Duration: 2 years (2019-2021)
The Erasmus+. KA2 Strategic Partnership project for Adult Education “CITIES BY HEART” is structured on two main phases:
- a peer training phase that will involve youth workers, stakeholders of the multicultural and disadvantaged territories, associations or social centres managers;
- a skill transfer phase to the young disadvantaged European citizens having a migratory personal path and facing integration issues in the labour market.
- to promote a type of “zero kilometre” tourism.
- to create links between the residents of urban areas in order to avoid community conflicts;
- to initiate dynamical economics to respond to the precarity of the disadvantaged neighbourhoods residents.
- adult people with migrant background (either newly arrived or settled in the neighbourhood several generations ago);
- inhabitants of disadvantaged territories;
- international tourists in search of new types of tours, closer to the population, to valorise the past and present Europe under the perspective of cultural diversity resulting from the migration;
- economic stakeholders of the urban areas with a strong cultural diversity: restaurant owners, traders, “hosts” inhabitants, etc., to whom which visits during the tours.
Kick-off meeting, 3rd to 4th of December 2019, Bastia, Corsica (France);
Transnational meeting, 23rd to 24th of April 2020, Assen (Netherlands) – cancelled due to Covid-19;
- Practical and methodological manual for prospecting and mobilizing participants
- Training content - Implementation of a manual for the "intercultural guide" available online
- Mapping of urban routes and excursion programs
- Online resource centre and networking (CITIES BY HEART e-CENTER)
- Creation of pilot courses on several levels of action
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.